Twitter

About Me

My Photo
7Vials Media
Currently working on a feature film called The Baptism of Chloe Foy that is being produced by the GNYC-Media Center and Youth Departments.
View my complete profile

Followers

Monday, June 14, 2010

A Review of Faith

Stamina, stick-to-itiveness, endurance, resilience, intestinal fortitude... You have no idea what those words mean until you strive to build a film ministry. Literally, for me, it's been six years. That's not a lifetime, but it has been a trying time.

A lot of energy has been exhausted on trying to explain that a film ministry could be an effective witnessing tool, especially to this media hungry 21st century generation. A lot of energy has been exhausted on trying to gather the right personnel and the right equipment. And a lot of energy has been exhausted on the effort to get the word out that we exist.

Sometimes I look back at the last six years and say we should have made a film every year. Sometimes I look back and review all the potholes and obstacles, failed efforts and false starts, missteps and missed opportunities and I wonder why I carry on. But it's not a sad kind of wondering, nor is it a woe-is-me kind of wondering, but it's more like a review of faith kind of wondering.

Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen."

I carry on because of the unyielding, undying, unbending, unturning (okay, I made that last one up) faith that I have in this ministry. That coupled with a deep sense of mission at times is all that I have left in the world.

There are times when I don't have the right personnel, and I don't have the right equipment, and I don't have the support of folks around me, and literally all I have left is my faith in God's word and what He is able to do... I and God constitute a majority.

So like Noah I will move with fear to build this ministry, and continue to preach about what we can't yet see... it might save my household. Like Moses, I will reject the privileges and pleasures of Egypt esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches. Like Enoch I desire to please God. Like Abel I desire to offer a better sacrifice. And like all the elders I desire to obtain a good report. Without faith it is impossible to please Him.

We didn't raise all the money that we needed to finish the film, but in faith we carry on. We don't have all the personnel we need, so in faith we carry on. We don't have all the equipment we need, nevertheless, in faith we carry on. We don't have all the locations needed, again, in faith, we carry on. And we will continue to carry on, in faith, until we hear the desired words, "well done thou Good and faithful servant... enter thou into the joy of thy Lord."

Blessings...

0 comments:

Post a Comment